This page was last updated on 20 May 2020
COPIES OUR SPECIAL NEWSLETTERS
Newsletter 21 May 2020 200520 CCG News.pdf
Newsletter 14 May 2020 CCG News 200514.pdf
Newsletter 7 May 2020 CCG News 200507 .pdf
Newsletter 30 April 2020 200430 news.pdf
Newsletter 23 April 2020 200426 news .pdf
Newsletter 16 April 2020 200416 news.pdf
Newsletter 09 April 2020 Easter weekend 200409 news .pdf
Newsletter 02 April 2020 Palm Sunday 200402 CCG News.pdf
Newsletter 26 March 2020 200326news.pdf
Newsletter 19 March 2020 200319 news.pdf
Following the ongoing advice from the government and the Church of England, there will be no Sunday Services or events held in the Church buildings until further notice. However, we are growing our ministry through "virtual" means!
As we face the unknown in the days and weeks ahead, we continue to remember that amazing verse found at the start of Psalm 46 - God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble
Can I encourage you all to be praying for our church family regularly, for our community, and for our country and all those affected by the global pandemic in the days ahead.
We are striving you fully informed as we journey together during this difficult time, and we hope that the information below might help to answer some of your questions about how we as a Church are responding to this crisis and how you can help to support us and others.
What is happening with Church services and events?
- There will be no physical services in the Church building until further notice.
- There will be no group meetings or events in the Hall or Church House until further notice.
- We will be recording a 40 minute act of worship which will be available from the Home Page of our church website each Sunday morning from 10am, and subsequently available on our YouTube channel to view at your leisure.
- Our 6pm informal service is now operating via Zoom, please register via our website to receive the zoom links via email
- The staff team are now working from home.
- The Parish Office is now closed and operating off site for reduced hours, the email address remains firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number 01483 301927
- Life Groups should not meet in person, but we would encourage you to stay in touch online, with virtual meetings or on the phone.
- Continue to enjoy virtual fellowship with others in our Church family, at Sunday coffee or mid week home quiz night via zoom, please register via our website to receive these zoom links too!
What are we seeking to do as a Church family in this situation?
- This is summed up in what is commonly known as the greatest commandment, found in Mark 12:30-31 - Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’
How do we do this?
- Do not neglect your own spiritual life at this time – take time out to pray and read God’s Word; chose a spiritual book to read to grow your faith during this time; set up a virtual prayer triplet so you can continue to encourage one another.
- Attend a zoom bible course - sunday evenings 8-9pm with Stephen Hofmeyr (copies of these talks are available via the resources page of our website, or monday evenings, 7-8,30pm with Sue Peckham (BSF).
- Look out for your neighbours, those at risk, the elderly, the vulnerable, families – in what ways do they need help? What help can you offer? It is amazing how ‘just’ a phone call can transform someone’s day.
- Be courageous, generous, careful and responsible in all of our efforts and ensure that we follow all necessary measures to keep people safe (i.e. safeguarding, health and safety requirements).
- Do all we can to avoid spreading the virus
What about the Children and Youth activities?
- Our children’s groups have started meeting via Zoom on a Sunday morning, please contact Sue or Owen to register to receive an invitation to attend
- Our youth group eCUBE is meeting online on Sunday evenings from 7.30-9pm
- ABC Toddler Group will be posting some craft ideas or songs & stories on their Facebook Page every Wednesday, look out for zoom gatherings too!
How can I help?
- Join the Christ Church Support Network as a volunteer
- Contact a friend or neighbour for a chat- how about a FaceTime coffee?!
- Pray! If you would like to be added to the Prayer Tree please email email@example.com
I need some help…
- We realise that most of our Church family are going to be unable to leave their homes at some point over the coming months, and we would love to help you to stay well
- Sign up to receive help from the Christ Church Support Network and one of our lovely volunteers will be delighted to help
- Please let us know if you get ill - we want to support you and pray for you
How can I keep in contact with everything that is going on?
- Sign up to receive emails
- Keep an eye on the website
- Follow us on Facebook
- read our weekly newsletters, copies available at the top of this page! Share them with your friends!
If you need any support from Christ Church, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Nick on 568870
Please keep an eye on our website and social media as that is where updates will be posted as and when the Government advice changes.